PORTSMOUTH, Va. (WAVY) — The Virginia Department of Health is reporting 975 extra circumstances of COVID-19 and eight new deaths associated to the virus.
As of Saturday morning, September 26, Virginia has an total variety of 145,408 COVID-19 circumstances because the begin of the outbreak. Of the 975 circumstances reported from Friday, 935 have been confirmed by testing. One other 85 have been possible circumstances, wherein a affected person who exhibits signs is recognized with out testing.
On Friday, Gov. Ralph Northam and Virginia first woman Pam Northam tested positive for COVID-19.
The governor at the moment doesn’t have signs, however Pam Northam has gentle signs.
The couple was examined Thursday afternoon after they have been notified a member of the governor’s residence employees, “who works carefully inside the couple’s residing quarters,” had examined constructive.
Virginia’s common of recent circumstances has dipped in latest days, down from about 1,000 new circumstances per day to about 800. That’s the bottom it’s been since July. P.c positivity can be now virtually beneath 5% after a gradual drop just lately.
Right here’s the newest cumulative depend for Hampton Roads
- Accomack 1,175 circumstances, 90 hospitalized, 19 deaths (+three circumstances)
- Chesapeake: four,296 circumstances, 407 hospitalized, 71 deaths (+25 circumstances, +5 hospitalized)
- Franklin 415 circumstances, 19 hospitalized, 9 deaths (+2 circumstances, +1 hospitalized)
- Gloucester: 242 circumstances, 13 hospitalized, 2 deaths (+7 circumstances)
- Hampton: 1,809 circumstances, 65 hospitalized, 24 deaths (+6 circumstances)
- Isle of Wight: 733 circumstances, 35 hospitalized, 19 deaths (+10 circumstances)
- James Metropolis County: 848 circumstances, 64 hospitalized, 20 deaths (+5 circumstances)
- Mathews: 72 circumstances, 5 hospitalized, zero deaths (+23 circumstances)
- Newport Information: 2,721 circumstances, 97 hospitalized, 38 deaths (+6 circumstances, +1 hospitalized)
- Norfolk: four,824 circumstances, 363 hospitalized, 78 deaths (+24 circumstances, +2 hospitalized)
- Northampton: 305 circumstances, 49 hospitalized, 31 deaths (no change)
- Poquoson: 74 circumstances, three hospitalized, 2 deaths (no change)
- Portsmouth: 2,555 circumstances, 275 hospitalized, 59 deaths (+eight circumstances, +1 hospitalized, +1 dying)
- Southampton: 755 circumstances, 22 hospitalized, 23 deaths (+7 circumstances)
- Suffolk: 1,970 circumstances, 123 hospitalized, 72 deaths (+7 circumstances)
- Virginia Seashore: 6,809 circumstances, 374 hospitalized, 89 deaths (+33 circumstances, +5 hospitalized, +1 dying)
- Williamsburg: 178 circumstances, 12 hospitalized, 7 deaths (+1 case)
- York: 544 circumstances, 16 hospitalized, eight deaths (+three circumstances)
General, Hampton Roads and the Tidewater area reported a complete of 170 circumstances Saturday which is 17% of the each day improve statewide.
The Virginia Division of Well being additionally reported 57 new residents hospitalized as a result of coronavirus.
Based on the Virginia Hospital and Healthcare Association, 924 residents in Virginia are at the moment hospitalized as a result of virus. That quantity is a mixture of confirmed constructive COVID-19 sufferers and hospitalized sufferers whose COVID-19 check outcomes are nonetheless pending.