Governor Whitmer mentioned Michigan continues to be in fine condition within the struggle in opposition to the coronavirus however the newest numbers should not as robust as they have been a few weeks in the past.
LANSING, MI (WKZO AM/FM) — As of Tuesday, July 14 the state’s official COVID-19 tracking website reveals that 70 Michigan residents have examined constructive for the coronavirus.
Since March 10, when the primary dying was reported, 6,081 Michiganders have died from the acute respiratory sickness.
— A Breakdown of COVID-19 Knowledge —
The 24-hour enhance reveals a 584 extra individuals have contracted the virus and 6 extra individuals have died.
On Saturday, Might 23 the Michigan Division of Well being and Human Providers additionally introduced changes to how COVID-19 testing data is reported to make it extra correct and related because the state continues to increase diagnostic testing.
General, the useless vary in age from 5 to 107. The typical age is about 75-years-old.
Whereas it seems males are virtually 5 % much less more likely to get COVID-19, they’re 6 % extra more likely to die. State well being officers say it is unclear why that is taking place, however they believe males are presumably much less more likely to acknowledge or report signs, and seem to attend longer to be handled for extreme signs.
— COVID-19 Recoveries —
The Michigan Division of Well being and Human Providers officers are beginning to report the number of coronavirus recoveries. Restoration numbers are up to date weekly, together with the variety of individuals with a laboratory confirmed COVID-19 case who’re 30 days out from their onset of sickness.
As of July three, 2020, state officers indicated 53,867 individuals have been thought of recovered from the virus.
— Governor Whitmer’s Government Orders —
On Monday, March 23, Governor Whitmer announced a “Stay Home, Stay Safe” executive order. She reiterated the importance of this order throughout a press briefing on Thursday March 26 and since then she has been holding common press briefings to replace the general public on the state’s newest response to this well being pandemic.
On Friday, April 24 Whitmer extended the stay-at-home order for a second time. Modifications permit some companies like garden care, nurseries, bicycle outlets, and landscaping to reopen. Beforehand banned actions like and using motorboats at the moment are allowed.
On Thursday, Might 7 the governor extended the “Safer at Home” order a third time until May 28. Then, proper earlier than the Memorial Day weekend Governor Whitmer lengthened the “Safer at Home” order again, which was set to run out on June 12. However, on Monday, June 1 the governor lifted the stay at home order and moved the six remaining areas of the state into part four, the “enhancing” part, of the MI Safe Start Plan.
On Monday, Might 18 she announced that parts of Northern Michigan and Upper Peninsula would be capable of reopen eating places, places of work, and different amenities. Whitmer additionally signed an government order the identical day requiring reopening companies to submit a COVID-19 preparedness and response plan to the state authorities, with the plan made out there to workers and prospects.
The governor is requiring that every one state residents the place face coverings like a masks, bandanna, or scarf whereas coming into enclosed public areas. Fines is not going to be issued for failing to conform, although companies can refuse service.
Whitmer introduced on Monday, June 1 that the stay-at-home order would be lifted instantly, with extra restrictions eased throughout your complete state. She additionally lifted restrictions on eating places, permitting prospects to dine-in starting on June eighth.
On Friday, June 5, the governor lifted extra of the restrictions for northern Michigan, permitting salons, film theaters and gymnasiums in that space to reopen June 10. She additionally introduced that on June 15, personal services including hair, massages and nail salons will reopen statewide.
On Friday, June 12 Whitmer additionally allowed overnight camps and certain K-12 school sports activities will to resume starting on June 15.
On Wednesday, June 17 the governor teased her attainable define on how K-12 schools will be able to resume in-person classes this fall. Extra particulars are anticipated to be launched on June 30.
Governor Whitmer has additionally extended the state of emergency until July 16. That is completely different from the keep at house order, which has already been lifted.
On Wednesday, July 1 the governor dialed back on indoor bar service in part of lower Michigan. This implies companies that make 70% of their income from alcohol should shut once more till additional discover.
On Friday, July 10 Whitmer introduced that beginning July 13 Michigan businesses can refuse service for anyone who isn’t wearing a face mask. Face coverings are additionally required at giant out of doors gatherings.
— COVID-19 Circumstances/Deaths By County —
Each single county in Michigan now has confirmed coronavirus circumstances.
Metro Detroit stays the state’s hotspot for COVID-19. Wayne County consists of Detroit, the toughest hit metropolis, and experiences 23,181 circumstances. Oakland County has 9,645 constructive circumstances and Macomb County has seen 7,670 individuals recognized.
In Southwest Michigan, on Wednesday, March 25, the Van Buren/Cass District Health Department was notified of their first case in Van Buren County and their first dying was reported on April 2. State knowledge now reveals 248 constructive circumstances and eight individuals have died.
On Thursday, March 26, Cass County received their first confirmed coronavirus case, a day after Van Buren County. The numbers stay at 180 circumstances in Cass County and 6 reported deaths.
Calhoun County, which is now as much as 552 circumstances and 38 reported deaths, reported their first positive case again on Saturday March 21.
On Thursday, March 26, Berrien County well being officers declared a local state of emergency for the county. Now 859 Berrien County residents have examined constructive for the sickness; 61 individuals have died.
On Monday, March 23, the Kalamazoo County Health & Community Services Department reported their first three positive cases of the coronavirus. The three grownup circumstances are unrelated and one is a deputy with the Kalamazoo County Sheriff’s Division. No less than two officers with the Kalamazoo Division of Public Security have additionally examined constructive. Kalamazoo County is now as much as 1171 individuals with the virus, 859 have recovered, 142 are hospitalized, and there are 69 reported deaths thus far.
In Kent County, the place 5,483 individuals have been recognized, 142 have died, thus far. Muskegon County figures present 54 useless with 924 individuals recognized; Ottawa County well being officers report that 1250 individuals have been lab-confirmed as having the virus; 48 have died.
— Statewide and Native COVID-19 Info —
For statewide info, the Michigan Division of Well being and Human Providers provides an update of confirmed cases and related demographic knowledge for COVID-19 daily at three p.m.
County well being departments are additionally allowed to report extra circumstances earlier than the state does, with Michigan well being officers encouraging residents to maintain observe of outbreak info by means of their native well being division web site.
Kalamazoo County supplies an updated tally of confirmed cases, negative tests, and other data associated to the COVID-19 pandemic day by day.
— Day by day COVID-19 Numbers —
The primary confirmed case of COVID-19 in Michigan was reported on Tuesday, March 10.
The next is a breakdown of circumstances by day for the state of Michigan:
- Friday, March 20: 549 confirmed circumstances
- Saturday, March 21: 787 confirmed circumstances; 5 deaths
- Sunday, March 22: 1,zero35 confirmed circumstances; eight deaths
- Monday, March 23: 1,328 confirmed circumstances;15 deaths
- Tuesday, March 24: 1,791 confirmed circumstances; 24 deaths
- Wednesday, March 25: 2,295 confirmed circumstances; 43 deaths
- Thursday, March 26: 2,856 confirmed circumstances; 60 deaths
- Friday, March 27: three,657 confirmed circumstances; 92 deaths
- Saturday, March 28: four,650 confirmed circumstances; 111 deaths
- Sunday, March 29: 5,486 confirmed circumstances; 132 deaths
- Monday, March 30: 6,498 confirmed circumstances; 184 deaths
- Tuesday, March 31: 7,615 confirmed circumstances; 259 deaths
- Wednesday, April 1: 9,334 confirmed circumstances; 337 deaths
- Thursday, April 2: 10,791 confirmed circumstances; 417 deaths
- Friday, April three: 12,744 confirmed circumstances; 479 deaths
- Saturday, April four: 14,225 confirmed circumstances; 540 deaths
- Sunday, April 5: 15,718 confirmed circumstances; 617 deaths
- Monday, April 6: 17,221 confirmed circumstances; 727 deaths
- Tuesday April 7: 18,970 confirmed circumstances; 845 deaths
- Wednesday April eight: 20,346 confirmed circumstances; 959 deaths
- Thursday April 9: 21,504 confirmed circumstances; 1,076 deaths
- Friday April 10: 22,783 confirmed circumstances; 1,281 deaths
- Saturday April 11: 23,993 confirmed circumstances; 1,392 deaths
- Sunday April 12: 24,638 confirmed circumstances; 1,487 deaths
- Monday April 13: 25,635 confirmed circumstances; 1,697 deaths
- Tuesday April 14: 27,zero01 confirmed circumstances; 1,768 deaths
- Wednesday April 15: 28,059 confirmed circumstances; 1,921 deaths
- Thursday April 16: 29,263 confirmed circumstances; 2,093 deaths
- Friday April 17: 30,zero23 confirmed circumstances; 2,227 deaths
- Saturday April 18: 30,791 confirmed circumstances; 2,308 deaths
- Sunday April 19: 31,424 confirmed circumstances; 2,391 deaths
- Monday April 20: 32,00zero confirmed circumstances; 2,468 deaths
- Tuesday April 21: 32,967 confirmed circumstances; 2,700 deaths
- Wednesday April 22: 33,966 confirmed circumstances; 2,813 deaths
- Thursday April 23: 35,291 confirmed circumstances; 2,977 deaths
- Friday April 24: 36,641 confirmed circumstances; three,085 deaths
- Saturday April 25: 37,203 confirmed circumstances; three,274 deaths
- Sunday April 26: 37,778 confirmed circumstances; three,315 deaths
- Monday April 27: 38,210 confirmed circumstances; three,407 deaths
- Tuesday April 28: 39,262 confirmed circumstances; three,567 deaths
- Wednesday April 29: 40,399 confirmed circumstances; three,670 deaths
- Thursday April 30: 41,379 confirmed circumstances; three,789 deaths
- Friday Might 1: 42,356 confirmed circumstances; three,866 deaths
- Saturday Might 2: 43,207 confirmed circumstances; four,zero20 deaths
- Sunday Might three: 43,759 confirmed circumstances; four,zero49 deaths
- Monday Might four: 43,950 confirmed circumstances; four,135 deaths
- Tuesday Might 5: 44,397 confirmed circumstances; four,179 deaths
- Wednesday Might 6: 45,zero54 confirmed circumstances; four,250 deaths
- Thursday Might 7: 45,646 confirmed circumstances; four,343 deaths
- Friday Might eight: 46,326 confirmed circumstances; four,393 deaths
- Saturday Might 9: 46,756 confirmed circumstances; four,526 deaths
- Sunday Might 10: 47,138 confirmed circumstances; four,551 deaths
- Monday Might 11: 47,552 confirmed circumstances; four,584 deaths
- Tuesday Might 12: 48,021 confirmed circumstances; four,674 deaths
- Wednesday Might 13: 48,391 confirmed circumstances; four,714 deaths
- Thursday Might 14: 49,582 confirmed circumstances; four,787 deaths
- Friday Might 15: 50,079 confirmed circumstances; four,825 deaths
- Saturday Might 16: 50,504 confirmed circumstances; four,880 deaths
- Sunday Might 17: 51,142 confirmed circumstances; four,891 deaths
- Monday Might 18: 51,915 confirmed circumstances; four,915 deaths
- Tuesday Might 19: 52,350 confirmed circumstances; 5,zero17 deaths
- Wednesday Might 20: 53,009 confirmed circumstances; 5,zero60 deaths
- Thursday Might 21: 53,510 confirmed circumstances; 5,129 deaths
- Friday Might 22: 53,913 confirmed circumstances; 5,158 deaths
- Saturday Might 23: 54,365 confirmed circumstances; 5,223 deaths
- Sunday Might 24: 54,679 confirmed circumstances; 5,228 deaths
- Monday Might 25: 54,881 confirmed circumstances; 5,240 deaths
- Tuesday Might 26: 55,104 confirmed circumstances; 5,266 deaths
- Wednesday Might 27: 55,608 confirmed circumstances; 5,334 deaths
- Thursday Might 28: 56,zero14 confirmed circumstances; 5,372 deaths
- Friday Might 29: 56,621 confirmed circumstances; 5,406 deaths
- Saturday Might 30: 56,884 confirmed circumstances; 5,463 deaths
- Sunday Might 31: 57,397 confirmed circumstances; 5,491 deaths
- Monday June 1: 57,532 confirmed circumstances; 5,516 deaths
- Tuesday June 2: 57,731 confirmed circumstances; 5,553 deaths
- Wednesday June three: 58,zero35 confirmed circumstances; 5,570 deaths
- Thursday June four: 58,241 confirmed circumstances; 5,595 deaths.
- Friday June 5: 58,525 confirmed circumstances; 5,615 deaths
- Saturday June 6: 58,749 confirmed circumstances; 5,652 deaths
- Sunday June 7: 58,870 confirmed circumstances; 5,656 deaths
- Monday June eight: 58,999 confirmed circumstances; 5,673 deaths
- Tuesday June 9: 59,107 confirmed circumstances; 5,698 deaths
- Wednesday June 10: 59,278 confirmed circumstances; 5,711 deaths
- Thursday June 11: 59,496 confirmed circumstances; 5,737 deaths
- Friday June 12: 59,621 confirmed circumstances; 5,745 deaths
- Saturday June 13: 59,801 confirmed circumstances; 5,767 deaths
- Sunday June 14: 59,990 confirmed circumstances; 5,770 deaths
- Monday June 15: 60,064 confirmed circumstances; 5,772 deaths
- Tuesday June 16: 60,189 confirmed circumstances; 5,790 deaths
- Wednesday June 17: 60,393 confirmed circumstances; 5,792 deaths
- Thursday June 18: 60,618 confirmed circumstances; 5,818 deaths
- Friday June 19: 60,829 confirmed circumstances; 5,823 deaths
- Saturday June 20: 61,084 confirmed circumstances; 5,843 deaths
- Sunday June 21: 61,230 confirmed circumstances; 5,846 deaths
- Monday June 22: 61,409 confirmed circumstances; 5,853 deaths
- Tuesday June 23: 61,630 confirmed circumstances; 5,864 deaths
- Wednesday June 24: 61,953 confirmed circumstances; 5,868 deaths
- Thursday June 25: 62,306 confirmed circumstances; 5,887 deaths
- Friday June 26: 62,695 confirmed circumstances, 5,888 deaths
- Saturday June 27: 63,009 confirmed circumstances, 5,907 deaths
- Sunday June 28: 63,261 confirmed circumstances, 5,911 deaths
- Monday June 29: 63,497 confirmed circumstances, 5,915 deaths
- Tuesday June 30: 63,870 confirmed circumstances, 5,947 deaths
- Wednesday July 1: 64,132 confirmed circumstances, 5,951 deaths
- Thursday July 2: 64,765 confirmed circumstances, 5,966 deaths
- Friday July three: 65,135 confirmed circumstances, 5,969 deaths
- Saturday July four: 65,533 confirmed circumstances, 5,972 deaths
- Sunday July 5: 65,876 confirmed circumstances, 5,972 deaths
- Monday July 6: 66,173 confirmed circumstances, 5,975 deaths
- Tuesday July 7: 66,627 confirmed circumstances, 6,zero05 deaths
- Wednesday July eight: 67,237 confirmed circumstances, 6,zero15 deaths
- Thursday July 9: 67,683 confirmed circumstances, 6,zero24 deaths
- Friday July 10: 68,295 confirmed circumstances, 6,039 deaths
- Saturday July 11: 68,948 confirmed circumstances, 6,zero67 deaths
- Sunday July 12: 69,338 confirmed circumstances, 6,zero68 deaths
- Monday, July 13: 69,722 confirmed circumstances, 6,zero75 deaths
- Tuesday, July 14: 70,306 confirmed circumstances, 6,081 deaths
The variety of confirmed circumstances and testing samples being processed since March 20 has elevated dramatically.
— COVID-19 Signs —
Widespread signs of COVID-19 embrace delicate to extreme respiratory illnesses comparable to:
- Shortness of breath
The Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention experiences that signs might seem in as few as 2 days or so long as 14 days after publicity.
— COVID-19 Prevention —
The most effective prevention for viruses, comparable to influenza, the widespread chilly or COVID-19 is to:
- Wash your arms typically with cleaning soap and heat water for 20 seconds. If not out there, use hand sanitizer.
- Keep away from touching your eyes, nostril, or mouth with unwashed arms.
- Cowl your mouth and nostril with a tissue or higher sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Keep away from contact with people who find themselves sick.
- In case you are sick, keep house, and keep away from contact with others.
- Change handshakes with elbow bumps.
- Keep at the very least six ft away from others when in a public setting.
The MDHHS hotline for these reporting signs shall be open seven days per week from eight a.m. to five p.m. at (800) 535-6136. Kalamazoo County has additionally activated its COVID-19 hotline at (269) 373-5267.