The Winnipeg Soccer Membership has 90 years of historical past to have fun, relationship approach again to the times of leather-based helmets and the Nice Despair.
Over that point there have been numerous nice performs authored by celebrity gamers… and common Joes, too. There have been memorable video games that includes iconic moments and, relationship again to 1930, this franchise has captured a Gray Cup championship 11 instances.
Every week Ed Tait of www.bluebombers.com cracks open the document guide, dusts off the archives and dives deep into our collective reminiscence banks for our Prime 10 Unique checklist.
This week: TOP TD MACHINES
No person did it higher than Milt Stegall, the Winnipeg Soccer Membership and Canadian Soccer Corridor of Famer who tops the CFL’s all-time TD checklist.
The legendary receiver crossed the aim line 147 instances in his profession, which is 10 greater than George Reed and Mike Pringle. Right here’s a have a look at the Prime 10 TD machines in Bombers historical past…
- Milt Stegall, 1995-2008: 147 – It’s not simply that Stegall completed his profession 10 touchdowns away from Reed and Pringle. Contemplate how untouchable that document appears now – Andrew Harris has 76 profession TDs (46 speeding, 30 receiving) with B.C. and Winnipeg and his whole is highest amongst energetic gamers.
- Charles Roberts, 2001-2008: 79 – He was so gifted for therefore lengthy earlier than the sudden finish of his days in Winnipeg and his commerce to B.C. in 2008. ‘Blink’ added one other 5 TDs throughout his brief stint with the Lions to offer him 84 profession scores.
- Leo Lewis, 1955-66: 75 – Retired because the Bombers’ all-time TD chief in ’66 and held that document till Stegall and Roberts arrived many years later.
- Gerry James, 1952-63: 63 – Held the Bombers document for 19 TDs in a single season (1957) earlier than Stegall set a league document with 23 in 2002.
- James Murphy, 1983-90: 62 – Throughout his eight years with the Bombers he hit double-digits in TDs 4 instances.
- Ernie Pitts, 1957-69: 55 – The astonishing factor about this whole is Pitts switched from receiver to defensive again in 1965 and performed 5 extra seasons on defence, in any other case this quantity would have been larger.
- Willard Reaves, 1983-87: 53 – Performed solely 5 years with the Bombers earlier than leaving for the NFL, however they have been productive seasons as he averaged over 1,000-yards and 10 TDs over that span.
- Rick Home, 1979-84; 1989-91: 49 – One of many grittiest receivers in Bombers historical past, he additionally had a knack for the tip zone, together with a career-best 10 TDs in 1981.
- Joe Poplawski, 1978-86: 48 – Among the best Canadians in membership historical past, Poplawski additionally kicked 14 converts and eight area targets in his Bombers profession.
- Jeff Boyd, 1983-87: 47 – His days with the Bombers lined the identical time frame as Reaves and he was equally productive, together with a 14-TD marketing campaign in 1985.