Terry Hanley, 53, owns Hanley’s Customized Sports activities, situated on South Saginaw Street in Midland between Dartmouth and Rodd streets. Hanley’s offers display printing and embroidery work they usually promote sports activities tools. They work with faculties, companies, firms and native sports activities leagues. Hanley has one worker, Shari Whittlesy. The store was closed down for 2 months on account of COVID-19 restrictions. It’s now open by appointment. Hanley was born in Detroit, and later moved to Midland from Sterling Heights when he began ninth grade. He’s a graduate of Midland Excessive. He served 4 and a half years within the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, out of Saginaw. Hanley has been married to his spouse, Susan, for 21 years. They’ve three youngsters and three grandchildren.
1. How lengthy have you ever owned what you are promoting? I opened in March 2008.
2. How did you get into this enterprise? Once I labored at Hoyle’s they usually closed, I nonetheless had a possibility to assist companies and the group in order that’s why I opened my very own enterprise.
three. What makes this space an important place to personal a enterprise? No. 1, group help that you’ve got. Blessed that I’ve prospects who come again to me for his or her orders.
four. What are some methods what you are promoting is lively within the native enterprise group? I sponsor youth groups in baseball, hockey and soccer. We’ve helped lots of people with fundraising occasions: donations for auctions, low cost pricing, that type of factor.
5. What are a few of your pursuits and hobbies? I really like sports activities. I really like to teach children and educate them the enjoyable a part of being in sports activities. I like to play hockey and golf. I really like being with my spouse, youngsters, and grandchildren. I really like household time.
6. What are some native companies you’re employed with that assist make what you are promoting a hit? I’m comfortable and grateful for all the companies and organizations which have caught with me by way of the years. We work to help different native companies.
7. Different ideas? I really like Midland. It’s only a nice group that helps itself. When the flood struck, I used to be in a position to volunteer with the Nice Lakes Bay Veterans Coalition. For 2 weeks, I used to be in a position to assist individuals affected by the flood. It was very awakening. Nice to assist the place we would have liked to. Don’t take our blessings with no consideration. I strive to not get overburdened by the issues taking place in our life. In the event you need assistance, I need to be there to assist. Additionally concerned in “For a Brighter Tomorrow.” We misplaced a son to a heroin overdose. Get pleasure from each a part of your life. Simply decelerate and luxuriate in life, you by no means know what tomorrow will convey.