A 61-year-old girl who was rushed to a hospital after a hearth broke out in a residential block within the Sud-Ouest borough died on Wednesday.
The fireplace began at round 9:50 p.m. Tuesday within the two-storey constructing on Beaudoin St.
Police stated the lady was in cardiac arrest when she was discovered by firefighters and was taken to a hospital.
Two others have been handled on the scene for smoke inhalation.
On Wednesday evening, Montreal Police spokesperson Véronique Dubuc confirmed that, regardless of a number of resuscitation makes an attempt, the lady had died.
The reason for the fireplace stays unknown and is underneath investigation.