Tenant, landlord taken to hospital after condo hearth in Pittsfield


PITTSFIELD, Mass. (WWLP) – Two individuals are being handled for smoke inhalation after an condo hearth on Wellington Avenue early Wednesday afternoon. 

Pittsfield Deputy Fireplace Chief Neil Myers advised 22Information crews have been known as to 64 Wellington Ave. for stories of heavy smoke coming from a second-floor condo with residents nonetheless inside simply after 12 p.m. 

Deputy Fireplace Chief Myers stated when crews arrived, the residents had already escaped the burning condo and smoke may very well be seen popping out of home windows on the second flooring of a three-family residence. 

Crews shortly extinguished the hearth, which induced injury to the lounge carpet however didn’t unfold into the construction. Investigators decided the trigger to be improper disposal of smoking supplies. 

A tenant and landlord have been each taken to Baystate Medical Heart by ambulance to be handled for smoke inhalation.

The resident of the second-floor condo won’t be able to return residence.