Nobody was injured, however 4 residents have been displaced following a fireplace at a townhouse in Peterborough, Ont., on Wednesday afternoon.
Simply earlier than 1 p.m., Peterborough Fireplace Providers was referred to as to a reported hearth at a two-storey multi-unit townhouse on Applewood Crescent within the metropolis’s west finish.
In response to platoon chief Jeff Visitor, hearth crews found smoke venting from a number of openings in a unit on the second flooring.
Firefighters had been in a position to account for all occupants within the unit and rapidly obtained the fireplace below management and restricted to the second flooring, Visitor mentioned.
“The rest of the unit sustained minor smoke and water injury,” he mentioned.
Harm is pegged at $60,000.
Visitor mentioned 4 occupants of the residence are displaced and have obtained assist from the Peterborough Metropolis-County Catastrophe Belief Fund.
The reason for the fireplace stays below investigation, Visitor mentioned.
© 2020 World Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.