All 9 Superintendents have launched a written assertion saying they’ll have
scheduling adjustments for some out of doors actions.
KALAMAZOO, MI (WKZO AM/FM) — Kalamazoo County College districts at the moment are planning on making scheduling adjustments because of the rising concern of Japanese Equine Encephalitis in Southwest Michigan.
The assertion from all 9 county Superintendents learn:
“After additional deliberation and session with the Kalamazoo County Well being Officer, all 9 superintendents within the Kalamazoo Regional Training Service Company have agreed to make schedule adjustments for out of doors actions, to the extent doable, to cut back publicity to EEE. Every faculty district will announce the precise time and/or date adjustments as soon as the preparations have been made. This adjustment of occasions will proceed till there may be additional steering from the County Well being Officer that the chance of mosquito bites has been significantly decreased or eradicated. Though sports activities and out of doors actions are an vital half of a kid’s schooling, nothing is extra vital than their well being and security.”
These 9 districts embody:
- Kalamazoo Public Colleges
- Climax-Scotts Neighborhood Colleges
- Comstock Public Colleges
- Galesburg-Augusta Neighborhood Colleges
- Gull Lake Neighborhood Colleges
- Parchment Colleges
- Portage Public Colleges
- Schoolcraft Neighborhood Colleges
- Vicksburg Neighborhood Colleges
The transfer comes after 7-cases of the lethal mosquito borne virus in Southwest Michigan with Three-deaths in Kalamazoo, Van Buren and Cass counties.
Eight counties at the moment are on the EEE warning checklist: Cass, Van Buren, Barry, Kalamazoo, Berrien, St. Joseph, Genesee and Lapeer.
Kalamazoo Public College officers despatched a letter to oldsters warning them concerning the current outbreak with a listing of tricks to forestall mosquito bites which will be discovered here.
Kalamazoo Central Excessive College soccer recreation at Loy Norrix Excessive College is being rescheduled for five p.m. Friday resulting from EEE issues.
We may have updates on what has been rescheduled as they arrive.
Here’s a checklist of the schedule adjustments:
Thursday, September 19
- Kalamazoo Central JV soccer at Battle Creek Lakeview initially scheduled for five:00 p.m. has been cancelled. The varsity recreation will start at 5:00 p.m. as a substitute of 6:30 p.m.
- Loy Norrix JV soccer at Battle Creek Central initially scheduled for five:00 p.m. has been cancelled. The varsity recreation will start at 5:00 p.m. as a substitute of 6:30 p.m.
- Kalamazoo Central freshman soccer versus Loy Norrix initially scheduled for four:30 p.m. has been moved to Loy Norrix with the identical beginning time of four:30 p.m.
- Kalamazoo Central JV soccer at residence versus St. Joe initially scheduled for six:30 p.m. has been rescheduled for five:00 p.m.
No Change – Kalamazoo Central tennis staff hosts Plainwell at four:00 pm
Friday, September 20
- Loy Norrix varsity soccer versus Kalamazoo Central might be performed at 5:00 p.m. as a substitute of seven:00 pm. Loy Norrix is internet hosting the sport.
No Change – Loy Norrix JV Cross Nation staff travels to Jackson for an invitational. The meet begins at 5:00 p.m.