Angels staffer describes Tyler Skaggs’ drug use the day he died


Tyler Skaggs snorted strains of oxycodone on the evening he died.

In line with experiences from ESPN, the person who has administered medication to the MLB participant revealed he witnessed Skaggs snort substances whereas in his resort room simply hours earlier than he handed.

Advertisement

Eric Kay, who’s the director of communication for the Los Angeles Angels advised the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration he “offered oxycodone to Tyler Skaggs and abused it with him for years.”

Forward of the workforce’s journey to Texas the place they have been scheduled to play towards the Rangers, he stated “he illegally obtained six oxycodone tablets and gave three to Skaggs.”

When he later visited him in his resort room, he watched because the pitcher allegedly “snorted three strains of crushed opioids in entrance of him,” two of which he thinks have been opioids and the third, which he says was one other substance he couldn’t id.

Advertisement

Kay advised DEA brokers he does consider the tablets he gave Skaggs have been the identical ones that killed the pitcher as a result of he’d normally take the upon receiving them. He additionally claimed Skaggs requested for extra oxycodone, however he was unable to fulfil the request, the sources stated.

Within the ESPN experiences, receipts from Skaggs’ earlier transactions with Kay over time have been obtained, disclosing the Angels participant would generally spend as excessive as $600 for medication.

Kay additionally alleged that two workforce officers have been advised about Skaggs’ drug use lengthy earlier than his demise.

Advertisement

As RadarOnline.com readers know, the Southlake Police Division responded to a name about an “unconscious male in a room within the Hilton Resort.”  The 27-year-old was discovered “unresponsive” and pronounced useless on the scene.

Toxicology experiences dominated his demise an accident, disclosing he had a mixture of fentanyl, oxycodone and oxymorphone in his system on the time of his demise.

Advertisement

The post-mortem acknowledged the pitcher’s tragic reason for demise was as a result of combination of “ethanol, fentanyl and oxycodone intoxication with terminal aspiration of gastric content material.”

Following their tragic loss, Skaggs’ household launched an announcement. “We’re heartbroken to study that the passing of our beloved Tyler was the results of a mixture of harmful medication and alcohol,” it learn. “That’s fully out of character for somebody who labored so laborious to turn into a Main League baseball participant and had a really promising future within the recreation he liked a lot.”

Advertisement

The Angels additionally shared some phrases concerning his passing.

“It’s with nice sorrow that we report Tyler Skaggs handed away earlier right now in Texas,” the Angels stated in an announcement. “Tyler has, and all the time might be, an vital a part of the Angels household. Our ideas and prayers are along with his spouse Carli and his total household throughout this devastating time.”

Advertisement